This page is about some of the best books/book series I've ever read.



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Inkworld Trilogy

The Inkworld trilogy by Cornelia Funke, tells about a girl named Meggie, her father who she calls Mo: the book binder, her Great Aunt Elinor: the book collector and book lover, Dustfinger: the fire-eater, Capricorn the evil villian, all of Capricorn's followers, and more. Meggie and Mo live alone in a house in england, when one stormy night a stranger arrives outside their house. Mo then says they have have to go into hiding. They go to Meggie's Great Aunt Elinor's house. The real adventure begins when Meggie finds out her dad's big secret; that when he reads out loud the charecters come right off the page. That power takes them on lots of adventures, and even into Inkworld itself. Even though I've only read book one, and about half of book two, and haven't read in book two for a while, I still like these books and think you should read them too, Inkheart was even made into a movie in 2008 or 09 or something... Well, anyway the movie is pretty good too.
Like I said I like these books, and you should too.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't right that the books are usually better than the movies? I haven't seen this movie yet...maybe when you come to visit this summer?
    Was so good to talk "books" with you on the phone today! I miss you little brother! Can't wait to see you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know you read these... well, you SHOULD watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I listened to at least one (if not 2) on CD! It is so cool listening to books (and great for me so I can get more stuff done while listening). It's good for the kids too...even if they don't always understand what's going on, it'll still help them with vocabulary hearing the big words and such!

    ReplyDelete