This page is about some of the best books/book series I've ever read.



Friday, June 11, 2010

The Children of the Lamp Series


The Children of the Lamp Series. by P.B Kerr, are 5 books about 2 children, named John and Phillipa Gaunt, 12-13 year old twins who find out that they are descended from a long line of djinn (genies) and go on a myriad of fun, action-packed adventures around the world with their Uncle Nimrod, his butler: Groanin, an old djinn named Mr. Rakshasas, and many more friends and family.
Right now, I'm still reading this series. I am now on book 3, I would definitely recommend these books to children from the ages of 7-14. These books are awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brother! I can't remember...did I recommend these books to you first...or do you tell me about them? Either way, aren't they great? I think Joe and I only made it to #3 and you reminded me we need to read the next one. We're reading The Never Ending Story together right now...have you read that? One to put on your list! We also have the DVD, but we've already read SO much more than is in the movie.
    I'm excited about your blog! I'm thinking of starting one too...about Quilting!
    Love you little bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about half-way through the 3rd, when I finish this series, I'm gonna read the Inkspell series, (I think)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or at least finish the 2nd book!

    I think when you come visit I REALLY want to read a book outloud with you! :D Like Joe and I do...I think that would be really neat! It would help us know how it is when the other is reading it...the way we say things or pronouce things...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete