This page is about some of the best books/book series I've ever read.



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Percy Jackson and The Olympian Series

This is a series some people might have heard about; the Percy Jackson books, they're by Rick Riordan and the first book just came out on DVD (The Lightning Thief). They're about Percy Jackson; a boy who seems very unlucky. He lives with his mom Sally and a horrible step-father Gabe, who is rude and mean to Sally AND Percy. In the first book, Percy finds out that he is a demi-god, the son of a mortal and a Greek god. In this series, Percy, Annabeth, the daughter of Athena, Grover, a Satyr, and starting at the end of the second book (the last 3 pages), Thalia, the daughter of Zeus, who used to be a tree (you'll find out in the book). They go everywhere from the Bermuda Triangle to Mt. Olympus.

And here's a tip: watch the movie first so you won't be disappointed with it after reading the book, I'm not saying the movie is bad, it just doesn't follow the story very well; it doesn't show most of the characters as Riordan described them, the story isn't the same, and a few important characters aren't even in the story (Ares, Clarisse, and maybe even more)!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I haven't started reading these! I have a few series I want to tell you about, but I think I'll wait to see if you get them for Christmas or your birthday first! *wink wink!
    Love you bro!

    ReplyDelete